Terms & Conditions of travel
Unless specifically excluded or added to by written contract terms, all of the Alert Taxis Limited products and services and travel are provided subject to the following terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings made and services offered through the website of Alert Taxis Limited, and to bookings made by telephone, fax, e-mail or to bookings made through any other communication mechanism.
Summary of Conditions that apply to all bookings made and services offered
Alert Taxis Limited products and services are:
a. subject to the Carriage of Goods Act 1979; and
b. the terms and conditions set out on Alert Taxis Limited websites, including this website; and
c. any special conditions that apply from time to time to a specific type of product, service or fare.
Terms & Conditions of Carriage
The following terms and conditions apply to the products and services we provide:
a. Alert Taxis Limited engages contractors (including franchisees) to perform services on its behalf. The services you book, using the website, may be provided by those contractors or franchisees. These terms and conditions will continue to apply in full where Alert Taxis Limited engages a contractor to provide services on its behalf.
b. Alert Taxis Limited or any of its contractors (which includes any franchisee) or agents may refuse carriage if you are unable to provide valid travel documents or if you have acquired our services in violation of the carrier’s web site usage policy or these Terms and Conditions of carriage, or if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or if it is considered necessary for the safety or comfort of other passengers, or for the protection of property.
c. If you are travelling with an electronic itinerary or an account booking, you must provide the driver, at the time of travel, with a valid booking order as issued by Alert Taxis Limited at the time of placing your booking. The driver will check the validity at the time of travel in order to verify pre-payment, validity, or authorisation to charge against an Alert Taxis Limited account. If such validity is not established you will be required to pay the driver at the point of sale by cash or credit card. Alert Taxis Limited offers merchant services for VISA, Master Card, American Express and Diners Card.
d. If baggage carried in the dedicated luggage trailer is damaged, lost or destroyed during carriage, you must notify Alert Taxis Limited in writing within 7 days from when you travelled.
e. Subject to your booking having been made at least 24 hours in advance Alert Taxis Limited undertakes to use its best efforts to carry you and your baggage within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with the itinerary it issues you but it does not guarantee to do so. Alert Taxis Limited may without notice substitute an alternative carrier or vehicle where it deems necessary.
f. Smoking or the consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on any of Alert Taxis Limited vehicles or that of its contractors or agents.
g. All bookings for the Alert Taxis Limited vehicles or that of its contractors or agents must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the time the service is required. No assurance can be given of our ability to provide the service requested at the time requested, where the booking is made less than 24 hours prior to the time the service is requested.
h. No agent, contractor, servant or representative of Alert Taxis Limited has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of these notices and conditions or Alert Taxis Limited Conditions of Carriage.
Customer Telephone Contactability
You must provide Alert Taxis Limited with a telephone contact number for the purposes of our operations staff facilitating your service leading up to and at the time of transfer. For all bookings that originate at a non-airport pickup point, you (or a member of your party) must be contactable in the 2-hour period immediately prior to your booking. If you are not contactable on designated phone number, Alert Taxis Limited will not be liable for any costs, damages or losses that you incur as a result of not meeting your scheduled travel time.
Ready Time at Pickup Point and Requirement and Contact Requirements in the Event of Service No Show
a. For “Shared Ride” transfer pickups when you are travelling to an airport, you must be ready and positioned at your pickup point at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Failure to meet this report time may result in the delay or even cancellation of your service (depending on the extent of your lateness). In such circumstances Alert Taxis Limited will not refund the cost of your transfer or be liable for any costs, damages or losses arising from the delay Or cancellation of your service.
b. Should your vehicle not arrive at the pickup point within 5 minutes of your scheduled and notified pickup time, you are required to immediately contact Alert Taxis Limited by telephone (09-309-4000). In such circumstances, should you not advise a Alert Taxis Limited staff member of the non-arrival of your service within 10 minutes of such scheduled pickup time, Alert Taxis Limited will not be liable for any costs, damages or losses that you may incur.
When you travel with Alert Taxis Limited following luggage allowances and restrictions apply:-
a. Share Ride Transfer Luggage Allowance
i. 2 pieces of luggage not weighing more than 25 kg each and of a maximum combined dimension (length and width and height) of 158cm —-no charge.
ii. Normal airline carry-on items — no charge.
iii. Extra items - %5.00 inclusive of GST per item (these charges may change without notice from Alert Taxis Limited).
iv. Outsized luggage items larger than a maximum combined dimension (length and width and height) of 158cm and all bikes, surfboards, skis, snowboards, large boxes or non-suitcase type items - $5.00 inclusive of GST per item (the definitions and charges for these items may change without notice from Alert Taxis Limited).
b. Charter Services Luggage Allowance
Luggage and items and passengers of a combined weight in excess of 1000 kilograms must be notified to Alert Taxis Limited at the time of booking all charter services.
c. Unacceptable Items
The following items should not be included in your baggage and Alert Taxis Limited accepts no liability for their damage or loss unless the items are identified to it and it has in writing accepted them for carriage:
i. Cash, negotiable bonds, deeds or other valuable documents.
ii. Jewellery, antiques or similar valuable items.
iii. Any item of a fragile or brittle nature e.g. glassware.
iv. Electrical or electronic components e.g. computers.
v. Any item that has insufficient packaging to withstand the normal circumstances and effects of carriage by road transport.
d. Dangerous Goods Prohibited
For safety reasons, articles such as the following must not be carried in your baggage unless they have been advised in writing to Alert Taxis Limited and it has in writing accepted them for carriage:
i. Loaded firearms.
ii. Corrosive materials (such as alkalis, acids, wet cell batteries, mercury).
iii. Explosives (fireworks and articles that are easily ignited).
iv. Flammable liquids and solids (such as matches, lighters and heater fuels, flammable aerosols).
v. Poisonous, toxic, infectious substances.
vi. Radioactive materials.
vii. Compressed Gases (Deeply Refrigerated, Flammable, Non-flammable and Poisonous).
viii. Other dangerous goods (such as offensive or noxious materials).
1. Fares apply only for carriage from the designated pickup point to the designated drop-off point, unless otherwise expressly stated. Fares do not include meals, entry fees or any other additional service costs unless otherwise expressly staled by Alert Taxis Limited.
2. Subject to the taxes and charges stated herein, applicable fares are those in effect on the date of booking placement. Should you change your itinerary or any date of travel, this may result in a change to the fare. Some airport locations have a nominal airport access surcharge included in the “off airport”
3. You are responsible for applicable taxes or charges imposed by government, other authority or by the airport that are in effect on the date of travel.
4. Fares and charges are payable in those currencies acceptable to Alert Taxis Limited and at exchange rates determined by us at the time of booking placement.
No Show, Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. If your group size is less than 18 passenger and you have made a booking for a transport service, you will be charged 100% of the total service cost if you fail to show at your pickup point except in the following circumstances:
a. Your pickup is off a flight at an airport and your flight arrival time has been changed (in which case Alert Taxis Limited will make its best efforts to meet your amended flight arrival time), or
b. You cancel your transfer with Alert Taxis Limited by telephone at least 15 minutes prior to travel for “Share Ride” services, or
c. You notify Alert Taxis Limited by telephone at least 90 minutes prior to travel for “Charter” services, “Sightseeing” services and “Touring” services of up to four hours duration.
2. If you have made a “Charter” booking for up to but not more than 18 passengers (excluding all “Sightseeing” or “Touring” bookings or “Charter” bookings of more than 4 hours duration), a cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost applies where we are notified of the cancellation within 2 hours of the scheduled uplift time.
3. If you have made a “Charter” booking for more than 18 passengers, or for all “Charter”. “Sightseeing” or “Touring” bookings of more than 4 hours duration the following cancellation fees apply:
Within 24 hours of the scheduled uplift time, 20% of the total charter cost.
(b) Within 4 hours of the schedule uplift time, 50% of the total charter cost.
(c) Within 90 minutes of the scheduled uplift time, 100% of the charter cost.
Alert Taxis Limited will not accept bookings for unaccompanied children less than 13 years of age. Any such children must be accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or more.
1. Guide Dogs
Guide dogs are welcome on Alert Taxis Limited vehicles. Please notify the presence of your guide dog at the time you make your reservation.
2. Domestic Pets
All other small and small-medium sized domestic pets may be carried on Alert Taxis Limited vehicles as long as you Charter the vehicle (see Product Types and Associated Special Conditions). Please advise the reservation agent of the presence of your pet at the time you make your reservation.
Passengers who require somebody to lift them on and off the vehicle must arrange for these services at their pickup and drop-off points. For reasons of driver safety, drivers are not permitted to participate in carrying passengers on and off the vehicle.
Extent of Liability
1. The total liability of Alert Taxis Limited or any of its contractors (which includes any franchisee) or agents for any cost, expense, loss or liability suffered in incurred by you or other person, whether as a result of wilful default, negligence or otherwise, is limited to the lesser of:
a. Proven direct compensatory damages (which do not include, without limitation, loss of profits, revenue, saving, or business, or exemplary, or indirect, or consequential, damages), or
b. The amount paid by you for the product or service in respect of which such liability arises. The above limitation shall apply to liability howsoever arising whether in contract or in tort or otherwise.
2. The liability of Alert Taxis Limited for damages resulting by reason of the personal injury or death of a passenger may be excluded in accordance with the Accident Insurance Act 1998 and the Accident Insurance (Transitional Provisions) Act 2000.
3. The liability of Alert Taxis Limited for the loss or damage to checked baggage, is limited to NZ$1,500 for each unit of baggage lost or damaged.
4. If a customer’ acquires, or holds themselves out as acquiring, Alert Taxis Limited products or services for the purposes of a business, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply. No other warranties either express or implied by law are made with respect to these services.
5. In any case of liability on the part of Alert Taxis Limited or any of their contractors (which includes any franchisee) arising from breach of contract, Alert Taxis Limited shall not be liable for damages or consequential loss to the customer or any other party arising from such breach